Usually quarterly we put together some market statistics and update our clients with the current conditions in our real estate market in the Delaware County area. Here’s a quick update!
As of 6/30/13 — going back 12 months…
- Units Sold are up 7%. (A slight decrease over the last month)
- Average Sale Price is up 1.3% to $91,000. 2011 was $83,000, 2012 was $89,000
- Foreclosures are creeping higher again. Ugh! Now at 31% of all closed transaction. 2011 was 32%, 2012 was 25%
- Active Listings are still very thin! Only 549 listings in Delaware County right now. Usually this number is 750-900. Very thin supply of homes.
- Pendings Board is very steady… steadier than normal. This is good for us.
- Inventory Update:
$200-250,000 = 9.1 months avg. to sell a home in this range. That’s a high number. 6 months is a balanced market.
Over $300,000 = 11.7 months. Still high. Was 2 years last year. We’ve had a number of good $300-500,000 sales recently.
$75-100,000 = 8.6 months. That’s a high number. Surprising
$150-200,000 = 4.6 months. That’s good number — good demand in this range and deals are getting done.
$250-300,000 = 5.4 months. Also a good number.
- Repo’s are about 10% of our inventory — 54 units.
- Average list price in the entire MLS (all counties) is around $100,000. Average Coldwell Banker listing price is around $140,000. Coldwell Banker Lunsford continues to have the biggest market share in our market. 2nd place is basically half our size. 3rd is basically half of 2nd’s size.
Hope that helps a bit! Feel free to call us for more information. In the middle of all this all-over-the-place market action, Linda and I are having a great year. We’d be happy to help you too!