TOOLS YOU CAN USE!
Research is a lot easier if you know where to look! Here we post topics of interest — articles, forms, and other noteworthy information.
“Any informed borrower is simply less vulnerable to fraud and abuse.” Alan Greenspan
RESEARCH BUYING A HOME:
- Ready to Buy? Here’s a good summary of the process: HERE
- Know more about quality home inspections: http://www.homeinspector.org
- HouseLogic.com — Awesome resource
- New Site: FREDDIE MAC (All about buying a home)
- Mortgages, Buying, Owning, Avoid Foreclosure, Affordability, Calculators
- Know More Statistics About Any Location: www.city-data.com
- Home Buyer Basics
- HGTV FrontDoor — Buying and Selling Articles
- Interest in HUD Housing: Article #1 — From Hud.gov
- First Time Home Buying via Pathstone (Govt Program, assistance, education, etc): Pathstone Buyer’s Preview
- Buy vs. Rent Calculator: HERE
KEY SEARCH ENGINES FOR HOMES:
- National Search: www.Realtor.com www.Zillow.com www.Trulia.com www.ColdwellBanker.com www.Homes.com
- LOCAL to Muncie: www.ColdwellHomes.com (can define school system searches)
- VA Foreclosure Listings Search: Listings.vrmco.com
- USDA REO Listing Search: resales.usda.gov
- HUD Listing Search: HUDHomeStore.com
- 2020 Cost Value Report — Great info! Cost Value Report 2020
www.HudHomeStore.comwww.HomePath.comwww.HomeSteps.comwww.HubZoo.comwww.HudsonAndMarshall.comThen Auction.com and RealityBid.com are auction type sites. Be careful with these as there is often false advertising. They may show a $10,000 home but they don’t tell you there are minimum’s in place. So, you may be bidding up to $40,000 and it’s not sold — this is because of the Seller minimums. Often it’s the bank trying to get their PMI insurance minimum met.
CREDIT REPORT INFO:
- AnnualCreditReport.com (this is the free one — no score with this, but you can pay for the score).
- CreditKarma.com — FREE Score! [remember, a lender’s score could be different]
SELLING A HOME:
- Article #1 — Comprehensive Guide to Preparing to Sell
- Article #2 — from About.com
- Ready To Remodel? Here’s the latest Cost vs. Value Report: Cost Value Report 2019
- Home Improvement Guides: Many articles and tips
CONSIDERING A SHORT SALE or FORECLOSURE?
OTHER RESOURCES FOR BUYERS/SELLERS
- FHFA.gov (Federal Housing Finance Authority — oversees Fannie/Freddie)
- ConsumerFinance.gov (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- Rate Lock Advice: http://www.RateLockAdvice.com
GREAT INFO ON HOMEOWNER’S INSURANCE:
FLOOD INSURANCE INFO:
- Not sure you’re in a floodplain? You might want to get and Elevation Certificate. These are usually $600-700. Call Ashton Land Surveyors for more info in Delaware County
- With this Cert, you may be able to file a LOMA (letter of map adjustment) that may get you out of this flood insurance requirement or lower your rate.
- Rates totally vary by house and could increase yearly.
LEASING INFO: Most Real Estate Agents don’t work in the lease markets for residential properties, instead, we sell them. It’s tough to find rentals at times. I may have some options as my sellers decide to become landlords when they can’t sell. You can try me, but you may have more luck at these sites below for rentals. Another approach is to go directly to Property Managers who manage many units. Below is a list of ones that I know manage many homes and apartment complexes — give them a try!
- Tom & Tammy Parker and their Associate, Ted Cook (Real Estate Agents but also Property Managers: 765-289-2400)
- Julie Thielen and Kacy McEvoy of Network Property Management (765-289-7617) www.networkproperty.com
- Rhonda Janney of Asset Management Company (765-281-9000)
- Clemmons Properties LLC, Heather Clemmons. 765-748-5066
- Here’s a List of Muncie Property Manager’s I’ve compiled : muncie-property-managers
- www.CardinalVillas.com (condos near BSU) www.Rent.com
- www.ApartmentGuide.com www.Apartments.com www.Homes.com
- Info on Muncie Community Schools: HERE
- More Direct: School Corp Site
- Info on Yorktown (Mt. Pleasant Township) Community Schools: HERE
- More Direct: School Corp Site
- Info on Delcom Schools / Delta H.S. / Albany: HERE
- Info on Selma / Wapahani H.S. / Liberty Perry Schools: HERE
- Info on Wes-Del Community Schools. : HERE
ABOUT OUR CITY — MUNCIE, IN: A Quick Overview
- StarPress Muncie Affordablility 2009.pdf
- Statistical Report #1 — Quick Overview
- Wikipedia Article — History/Economy/Yadda Yadda
- For Those Who Want More Data (Click Here) — Stats Galore!
- Muncie Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Muncie — Happenings about this revitalized historic area
- All About Ball State University
- All About Ball Memorial Hospital
NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, Covenants, Restrictions, & Bylaws: (I have most any HOA docs, just call)